See the below topics for more information on how to use your Room Air Purifier and Smart Room Air Purifier
Where in the room should I place my air purifier?
The air purifier features a powerful fan with 360-degree airflow to pull polluted air from multiple directions. Place the unit on a flat surface at least 12 inches away from the wall or other objects including HVAC vents, and close enough to plug into a nearby electrical outlet without using an extension cord.
Is there anywhere in my home I should avoid placing the air purifier?
• Do not use the product near flammable substances or if there is a gas leak.
• Do not use the product in places exposed to high humidity, oil, grease, or water.
• Do not install the product in direct sunlight or near a heating vent.
• Avoid installing the product within 3 feet of TV or electronic appliances.
What is 3-in-1 Filtration?
The air purifier uses a three-stage filter to remove airborne pollutants from indoor air.
STAGE 1: Pre-filter to remove large dust and particles
STAGE 2: High-efficiency filter to remove over 99% of particles sized 0.3 microns (models RMAP-ST, RMAP-XL) or 99.97% of particles sized 0.3 microns (models RMAP-SST, RMAP-SXL)
STAGE 3: Activated carbon filter to remove odors from the air before returning to the room
What size air purifier do I need for my room?
• The Air Purifier (RMAP-ST) and Smart Air Purifier (RMAP-SST) models filter the air in a 430 sq. ft. room up to ~5 times per hour*
• The Air Purifier XL (RMAP-XL) and Smart Air Purifier XL (RMAP-SXL) models filter the air in a 560 sq. ft. room up to ~5 times per hour*
* 4.8 times per hour when operated at maximum fan speed. See https://ahamverifide.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/White-Paper-Portable-Air-Cleaners-and-AIr-Changes-per-Hour-FINAL-00106301.pdf
Does the air purifier monitor the air quality in my home?
The air purifier includes a built-in monitor that detects fine particles in the air. A color-coded air quality indicator light on the display communicates your room's indoor air quality as either Good, Moderate, Bad, or Very Bad, based on dust density and particles in the air.
What do the numbers on the display monitor mean?
• The display will show the current fan speed when the unit is powered on and running.
EXAMPLE: F5 means it is on the level 5 fan speed, F10 is the level 10 speed, etc.
• Eighteen fan speeds are available and can either be manually selected on the control panel or automatically managed through the Smart Auto Mode.
What is Smart Auto Mode operation?
Set it and forget it! Smart Auto Mode allows the air purifier to automatically adjust between 18 fan speeds based on the air quality level in the room – delivering cleaner air more efficiently.
What is Turbo Fan operation?
The Turbo Fan function sets the unit to the highest fan speed to increase the amount of cleaner air returned to the room to the highest level. Turbo Fan speed can be used to quickly address odors or fumes in the area that you want to quickly remove from the air.
Is the air purifier "child proof"?
Using the Safety Lock function, you can set the air purifier so children cannot operate the unit.
How do I turn off the LED light?
Touch the LED icon on the control panel to turn it on and off. Additionally, for the Smart Air Purifiers (RMAP-SST & RMAP-SXL) you can manage the LED light from your remote control or using the Carrier Home App.
When I touch the Wi-Fi® symbol on the control panel at the top of the unit, nothing happens. Can I connect the air purifier to Wi-Fi?
Only the Carrier Smart Air Purifiers (RMAP-SST & RMAP-SXL) can connect to Wi-Fi. Reference the User Guide for more information on Wi-Fi connectivity. Refer to the back of your unit for model information.
How often should I change my filter?
We recommend replacing the filter every 6-12 months, or when the filter replacement icon appears on the unit's display. Replacement time may vary depending on the number of hours used and/or the environment in which the air purifier is used. If the filter replacement icon does not come on after 12 months, we recommend changing the filter at that time.
How do I clean the pre-filter?
Between filter replacements, you can clean the pre-filter with a vacuum cleaner or a soft brush. Do not wash.
How do I order a new replacement filter?
You may purchase replacement filters for your air purifier by visiting our Products page, and add the appropriate replacement filter for your air purifier model to your cart. For the Smart Air Purifiers (RMAP-SST & RMAP-SXL) you can purchase through the Carrier Home App using the BUY NEW FILTER link.
Are the included casters required to be installed on the air purifier?
Installing the included casters is optional. However, many owners will enjoy the convenience of rolling the air purifier from room-to-room once the casters are installed.